The summer holiday season has officially begun! I am very happy to announce my boyfriend and I are going to Ibiza for 2 weeks this month! We go abroad once a year- it is always the highlight of the year! We are going to Santa Eulalia which is a resort on the Eastern side of Ibiza. I am pleased to say we are not ‘party people’; we are looking forward to exploring the island, it is our first holiday here.
I like to think I am an organised person; I like to get things done early so I can cross them off my to-do list, and cross them off my mind. Preparing my holiday makeup bag is one of those things! Some of you may think I am bringing wayyy too much, and others may think I’m bringing very little!
When I receive beauty samples, I like to keep them so I can use them when I travel…you will see a lot of sample sized products in this post! I also buy sample sized items off eBay if there is a particular item I need. Sample sized products are great for travel because they weigh less and take up less room in your suitcase.
The Makeup Bag
I treated myself to a new makeup bag the other day; it is from Primark and cost £3. I regret not getting the matching toiletry bag now! It has a pretty pink and blue rope design all over, and has a copper coloured zip which is super cute! I can JUST about fit everything inside. It is the perfect sized makeup bag for me, so I am very happy with it.
Brushes & Tools
I don’t want to bring too many makeup brushes because they take up a lot of room. I decided not to bring the powder brush on the left-hand side in the end. These are the brushes and tools I am bringing:
- Real Techniques Powder Brush
- B. Grey Blush Brush (sold in Superdrug)
- Real Techniques Contour Brush
- Real Techniques Small Slanted Highlighter Brush
- Avon Black Lip Brush
- Real Techniques Fine Liner
- Clinique Slanted Eyeshadow Brush
- Real Techniques Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush
- B. Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush
- Tweezerman Mini Slanted Tweezers
- Superdrug Eyelash Curler
- Superdrug Pencil Sharpener
- Eyebrow & Facial Hair Razor
We’re getting to the good bit now! All the items you’re going to see in this section are mini/sample sized products, apart from the face powder and primer. I have used all these products before apart from the primer. I am looking forward to using this as it has SPF in it, and because it counteracts redness…sunburn? You may notice I’m not bringing a foundation, that’s because I don’t wear it!
- Clinique ‘SPF 15 Redness Solutions Primer’
- Rimmel ‘Stay Matte Translucent’ Pressed Powder
- Jane Iredale ‘Smooth Affair’ Primer
- Too Faced ‘Candlelight Glow’ Highlighter
- Benefit ‘Hoola’ Bronzer
- Benefit ‘Dandelion’ Blusher
- Benefit ‘Rockateur’ Blusher
- Benefit ‘That Gal’ Primer
- Benefit ‘Watt’s Up’ Highlighter
- Benefit ‘Ooh La Lift’
- Benefit ‘Boi-ing’ Concealer & ‘Lemonaid Duo’
You are going to notice a lot of Benefit again in the section- they have the best range of samples! My signature look is winged eyeliner, so liquid eyeliner was the first thing to go in my bag. Here is what I have packed:
- Ilimasque ‘Precision Ink’ Black Liquid Eyeliner (review coming soon!)
- Benefit ‘Air Patrol’ Eyeshadow Primer
- Estee Lauder ‘Little Black Primer’ Mascara Primer
- Pixi ‘Endless Silky Eye Pen’ Black Eyeliner Pencil
- Benefit ‘Bad Gal Lash’ Mascara
- Benefit ‘Roller Lash’ Mascara (my fav!)
- Benefit ‘Gimme Brow’
- Avon ‘Glimmerstick Brow Definer’ Blonde Eyebrow Pencil
- Maybelline ‘Master Shape’ Brown Eyebrow Pencil
- Too Faced ‘Natural Eyes’ Eyeshadow Palette (review HERE)
I spend far too much time snooping around on eBay, but I found these mini lipsticks in the process. They are mini Avon lipsticks, I have a mixture of matte and their ‘Ultra Colour’ ones. They are very small, but probably enough product for 3 applications. I will bring 7-10 different colours, so I have every colour and shade covered! They take up hardly any room in my bag, so that’s a bonus!
Please click –HERE– to follow me on Twitter
Please click –HERE– to follow me on Instagram
Email: email@example.com (3 e’s not 2)