The summer holiday season has officially begun! I am thrilled to announce my boyfriend and I are going to Ibiza for two weeks this month! We like to go abroad once a year; it is always the highlight of our year. We are going to Santa Eulalia which is a resort on the Eastern side of Ibiza. I am pleased to say we are not ‘party people’; we are looking forward to exploring the island as it is our first holiday here.
I like to think I am an organised person, so I like to plan my makeup bag ahead of time. Some of you might think I bring too much with me, but others might think I bring very little.
When I receive free beauty samples, I like to keep them so I can use them when I travel. I also buy sample sized items off eBay sometimes if there is a particular item I need. Sample sized products are great for travel because they weigh less, and take up less room in your suitcase.
What’s in your holiday makeup bag?
The Makeup Bag
I treated myself to a new makeup bag the other day from Primark, it cost £3. I regret not getting the matching toiletry bag now, they would have been cute together. It has a pretty pink and blue rope design all over, and has a copper coloured zip which is super cute!It is the perfect sized makeup bag for me, I can JUST about fit everything inside.
Brushes & Tools
I don’t want to bring too many makeup brushes because they take up a lot of room. These are the brushes and tools I’m bringing:
- Real Techniques Powder Brush
- B. Grey Blush Brush (sold in Superdrug)
- Real Techniques Contour Brush
- Real Techniques Small Slanted Highlighter Brush
- Avon Black Lip Brush
- Real Techniques Fine Liner
- Clinique Slanted Eyeshadow Brush
- Real Techniques Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush
- B. Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush
- Tweezerman Mini Slanted Tweezers
- Superdrug Eyelash Curler
- Superdrug Pencil Sharpener
- Eyebrow & Facial Hair Razor
We’re getting to the good bit now! All the items you’re going to see in this section are mini/sample sized products, apart from the face powder and primer. I have used all these products before, apart from the primer. I am looking forward to using the primer; it contains SPF, and counteracts sunburn. I don’t wear foundation very often, so I’m not packing one.
- Clinique ‘SPF 15 Redness Solutions Primer’
- Rimmel ‘Stay Matte Translucent’ Pressed Powder
- Jane Iredale ‘Smooth Affair’ Primer
- Too Faced ‘Candlelight Glow’ Highlighter
- Benefit ‘Hoola’ Bronzer
- Benefit ‘Dandelion’ Blusher
- Benefit ‘Rockateur’ Blusher
- Benefit ‘That Gal’ Primer
- Benefit ‘Watt’s Up’ Highlighter
- Benefit ‘Ooh La Lift’
- Benefit ‘Boi-ing’ Concealer & ‘Lemonaid Duo’
You are going to notice a lot of Benefit products again in the section! My signature look is winged eyeliner, so liquid eyeliner was the first thing to go in my bag. Here is what I have packed:
- Ilimasque ‘Precision Ink’ Black Liquid Eyeliner (review here)
- Benefit ‘Air Patrol’ Eyeshadow Primer
- Estee Lauder ‘Little Black Primer’ Mascara Primer
- Pixi ‘Endless Silky Eye Pen’ Black Eyeliner Pencil
- Benefit ‘Bad Gal Lash’ Mascara
- Benefit ‘Roller Lash’ Mascara (my fav!)
- Benefit ‘Gimme Brow’
- Avon ‘Glimmerstick Brow Definer’ Blonde Eyebrow Pencil
- Maybelline ‘Master Shape’ Brown Eyebrow Pencil
- Too Faced ‘Natural Eyes’ Eyeshadow Palette
I spend far too much time snooping around on eBay, but I found these mini lipsticks in the process. They are mini lipsticks by Avon: I have a mixture of matte, and their ‘Ultra Colour’ ones. They are very small, but there’s probably enough product for three applications. I will bring a few different shades, so I have every base covered. They take up hardly any room in my bag, so that’s a bonus!