Who doesn’t love a flapjack?! I have made many flapjacks in the past using other people’s recipes, so I decided it was time to develop my own. I knew I wanted to make a flapjack that wasn’t crammed with sugar: this recipe still isn’t 100% healthy, but it does include lots of fruit. This recipe is quick and easy to make and doesn’t make much washing up, either- bonus!
Ingredients- makes 12 slices
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 125g smooth peanut butter
- 125g apple sauce- from a jar or make your own
- 40g light brown soft sugar
- 6 tbsp mixed chopped nuts
- a handful of sultanas
- 250g oats/gluten-free oats
You will need one 20cm square tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Peel and slice the bananas into a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork until smooth
- Stir in the applesauce, peanut butter and brown sugar- combine well
- Stir in the sultanas and the chopped nuts
- Finally, add the oats and give one final mix
- Tip the mixture into the lined tin and press down so it’s evenly spread
- Pop into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes
- When it starts to brown on the outside it will be ready
- Be patient and allow to cool for 15mins before cutting before cutting into 12 portions
- (Optional!) Make a tea/coffee and enjoy with a slice of warm flapjack!
Join Blogs In Bloom: my Facebook community group for bloggers