I have always had a beauty section on my blog, but I have never shown you a makeup look before! When I am at work during the week my makeup is very basic, but when the weekend rolls around I like to make more effort with the way I look.
Here is a list of all the brushes and products I used to create this look:
- Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush
- Real Techniques Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush
- Real Techniques Angled Highlighter Brush
- Real Techniques Contour Brush
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- B. Blusher Brush
- B. Powder Brush
- Skinkissed Vitamin E Serum (used as primer)
- Younique Mineral Liquid Foundation (in shade Scarlet)
- Benefit Ooh La Lift (under eye brightener)
- Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder
- Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighter
- Benefit Blusher and Bronzer Palette (I used Rockateur and Hoola)
Eye and Lip Products
- Benefit Air Patrol (eyeshadow primer)
- Too Faced Natural Eyes (eyeshadow palette)
- Illamasqua Black Liquid Eyeliner
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
- Benefit Gimme Brow (eyebrow gel)
- Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil
- Younique Liquid Lipstick (in shade Fresh Orchid)
I will talk you through step-by-step how I achieved this look:
- It’s not very often I wear foundation, but when I do, I want a good base for it. I like to use a vitamin E serum by Skinkissed for the base because it doubles up as a primer. I apply a few drops all over my face and smooth it in using my fingertips.
- I like my skin to still look like skin when I wear foundation, so I only apply a little bit to even out my pinky skin tone. I dab a little bit of the product all over my face, then I blend it in using my buffing brush.
- I am still yet to find a concealer that is light enough for me, so I use an under the eye brightener by Benefit instead. I dab this under my eyes using my fingertips.
- Once everything has dried off, I take my contour brush and apply a little bit of the Hoola bronzer under my cheekbones and blend it out (I don’t have any contour powder, but bronzer works fine for me). I also sweep a bit over the high points of my face to give me a bit of colour.
- Time for the blusher: I grab my angled blusher brush and sweep Roackateur over the apples of my cheeks.
- To set my face makeup and to eliminate any unwanted shine, I dust the matte powder all over my face using the fluffy powder brush.
- Finally, I apply a little bit of highlighter on my cheekbones.
- My eyebrows are quite thin because I overplucked them when I was younger. I fill them in with a brow pencil, then use the brow gel to set them.
- Eyeshadow time: I start off by applying the primer all over my lids to help the eyeshadow last. I apply a white colour as my base, then I build it up using 2 natural brown colours.
- Once I am happy, I apply liquid eyeliner to my upper lash line and wing it out. I have been doing winged eyeliner for years, so I have had lots of practice!
- Once my eyeliner has dried, I curl my eyelashes and apply mascara.
- Finally, I grab the liner brush and apply a thin line of dark brown eyeshadow along my bottom lash line.
I apply my lipstick just before I leave the house so it looks just right. This liquid lipstick by Younique is easy to apply thanks to the brush shape and product formula. I love the colour of it as well, it’s fun to wear and I gets lots of compliments.