With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought I would share a Valentine’s Day recipe with you. I’m not one for celebrating Valentine’s day, but I think it’s still nice to do a little something. With this in mind, I have made some oaty heart-shaped biscuits with dark chocolate drizzled all over. These biccys are perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee with your loved one at any of time of the day. Everything is better with chocolate all over it, so I smothered some strawberries and marshmallows in chocolate as well for good measure!
You don’t need many ingredients to make these little biscuits, so you probably already have all of the ingredients in your cupboard at home. Please ignore the jam in the picture; I decided not to use it in the end. Here is what you’ll need:
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 4 oz butter/spread
- 3 oz plain flour
- 5 oz oats
- 50g good quality dark chocolate
- A few strawberries and marshmallows
These biscuits really are so quick and easy to make- you’ll be enjoying them with a cup of tea with your partner in no time!
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. This recipe yields 9 biscuits.
- Place the butter/spread and sugar in a medium-sized bowl
- Grab a spoon or spatula and cream the 2 ingredients together
- Put the oats in a food processor, and blitz on a high speed until the oats resemble flour
- Tip the plain flour and oats in with the butter and sugar mixture
- Knead the flour into the butter. Once a dough has formed, turn it out onto a floured surface
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of 5mm. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the shapes and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Once all of the biscuits are on the baking tray, place them in the oven for 15 minutes. They will be baked once they start to brown a little bit on the edges
- Once the biscuits have cooled, melt the chocolate gently in the microwave. Grab a spoon and drizzle over the chocolate
- Please feel free to smoother some strawberries and marshmallows in the remaining chocolate!